As an Independent Consultant, we provide professionals with lived experience expertise, to assist with achieving better outcomes for services.
This can include:
- Review / development of existing services or training, including recommendations and re-writing material as required.
- Assisting with cultural difficulties (BME), development of communication and language around the sensitive topic of sexual abuse.
- Developing and aiding a superior trauma-informed practice, via understanding of PTSD and the impacts of Psychological Trauma on victims.
Bespoke partnerships and collaboration working.
Our consultancy rates vary per need. We can offer an hourly based fee, one-off project cost or a retainer fee.
The fee/rate will incorporate:
- Casework, meetings and review time.
- Rates for Projects will be discussed based on project ideas and timelines.
- Telephone, email or direct contact as required, and follow-up reports / emails.
- Travel expenses (dependant upon location).
Please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your consultancy needs.
Please note; we will require at least 5 days notice before any meeting/court hearing taking place as part of our Victim’s Advocacy Service, to ensure we can attend.
Working with Victims
If you are working with an individual experiencing one or more barriers to participation, commissioning or ‘buying-in’ our Specialised Service for your client can have a positive impact on their well-being outcome.
We remain completely independent, which is essential to enable us to act on behalf of your client. Accessing an external provider, reinforces the perception and the experience that the service is independent.
Local authorities have a duty to ensure that individuals who may require or benefit from advocacy services are aware of and able to access it. (Social Services and Well-Being (Wales) Act 2014, Part 10 Code of Practice (Advocacy).
Our Victims Advocates have either successfully completed the City and Guilds Certificate in Independent Professional Advocacy or are working towards this qualification, and adhere to the Independent Advocacy Code of Practice. Alongside this, they are either lived experience or have extensive experience in the field of sexual violence or psychological trauma.
We are able to sensitively support and encourage victims of sexual violence, to assist you achieving the best outcome.