Independent professional advocacy – involves a one-to-one partnership between an individual and an independent professional advocate who is trained and paid to undertake their professional role as an advocate.
Creating my unique service to provide advocacy, support, case management and brokerage assistance for women who have been affected by psychological trauma or are victims of sexual violence.
Combining these crucial services, my Virtual Advocacy Service includes:
- Help with preparing for meetings, appointments or court attendances
- Writing and preparing letters, statements, reports etc
- Help with understanding letters, statements, paperwork
- Assisting with your options and discussing them together
- Speaking to any third party organisation or representative if required
- Coaching calls leading up to the meeting, appointment or court attendance and on-call availability
- Follow-Up Support after the meeting, appointment or court attendance
- Accompanying you to the meeting, appointment or court hearing (location & availability dependant)
Independent Advocacy is a way to help people have a stronger voice and to have as much control as possible over their own lives. Independent Advocacy is: Standing alongside people who are marginalised in our society. Speaking on behalf of people who are unable to do so for themselves.
As an Independent Advocate, I can not:
- Give legal advice or provide legal services
- Make decisions for someone
- Tell or advise someone what I think they should do
- Agree with everything a person says and do anything a person asks me to do
- Solve someones problems for them
No-one should have to face anything alone, and no-one should have to fear their voice being silenced. Unfortunately, it is all too common that meetings become about the Professionals’ needs, and not your needs.
Leaving a meeting/appointment feeling like you were not heard, or wish you had done things differently is frustrating and soul destroying.
Having an Independent Professional Advocate can change the dynamics at the offset, empowering you to challenge and make sure the outcomes are what you wanted.
Being organised, being prepared physically and emotionally, can make a huge difference, and now you can do things differently…
Virtual Advocacy Support Sessions take place via Phone Support or Video Conference Calls.
£40.00 per Session
(approx 45-60 minutes)
£10.00 for Statement preparation
Accompaniment / Attendance Advocacy
£40 per hour
(minimum of 2 hours is required)
This service is available in and around Manchester.
If you reside outside of Manchester and would like to enquire about this service, please feel free to email: firstname.lastname@example.org